10 Free Things To Do in Conyers
1. Make your first stop the Conyers Welcome Center and explore the historic Olde Conyers Depot (1891).
2. Imagine riding the rails on the Milstead 104 "Dinky" Steam Locomotive, a 1905 Rogers steam locomotive in Olde Town Conyers (pictured).
3. Wander the Lewis Vaughn Botanical Garden in Olde Town and view plants and flowers of the Georgia Piedmont region.
4. Discover the Old Jail Museum (1897) and its "hanging room." The Rockdale County Historical Society offers free tours of the jail the second Saturday of each month from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (pictured).
5. Enjoy the 1,400 acres Georgia International Horse Park, a legacy of the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games, now offering year-round events. Many events are free to the public!
6. Wander the Big Haynes Creek Nature Center trails at the Georgia International Horse Park.
7. Seek the peaceful serenity of the Rockdale County Master Gardener's Memorial Arboretum, located at the Georgia International Horse Park.
8. Renew your spirit with a stop at Georgia's only Monastery of the Holy Spirit, home to Cistercian monks for over 65 years, and admire the beauty of Bonsai specimens.
9. Walk with heroes at the Georgia Veterans War Memorial/Walk of Heroes remembering the sacrifices made during the twentieth century by veterans on a battlefield and by their families on the home front.
10. Visit Haralson Mill Covered Bridge, one of fifteen covered bridges in Georgia.