Get outside and go WILD at the 7th Annual Big Haynes Creek Wildlife Festival held on the Grand Prix Plaza at the Georgia International Horse Park! The festival is scheduled for August 24-25, 2013 and will be open to the public from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. each day.
The admission fee is $5.00 per person (children ages 4 and under are free) and tickets can be purchased at the gate. Parking is free. No pets, please.
The Wildlife Festival promotes understanding and enjoyment of the outdoors while featuring animal exhibits, guest speakers, hands-on demonstrations, children's activities, stage performances, arts and crafts. The 2013 event will feature many furry and feathery friends!
The 2013 Big Haynes Creek Wildlife Festival is named a Top 20 Event in the Southeast during the month of August by the Southeast Tourism Society! The festival has also received numerous awards from the Southeast Festivals and Events Association.
- Visit the Fur, Feathers and Friends Extravaganza! Stroll through the Artist Market showcasing paintings, photography, home furnishings, accessories, jewelry and more.
- See owls, falcons and other feathery friends swoop and dive during the Birds of Prey show.
- Watch exciting reptile and animal shows, enjoy storytelling, and visit the wildlife displays throughout the festival.
- Take your best shot! Check out the Airsoft Wildlife Shooting Range and sharpen your skills shooting at wildlife targets.
- Walk through the living history section to learn how Creek and Cherokee Indians lived off the land.
- Find the Furry and Feathery Friends throughout the festival plaza. Participate in the Scavenger Hunt to win a fun festival prize.
- Build a sand castle in the Zaxby's Beach Zone filled with sand and lots of toys.
- Walk through the Reptile Wagon at Jason Clark's reptile display, and enjoy learning about Jason's wild and crazy reptile rescue adventures during the Southeastern Reptile Rescue stage show.
- Don't miss the Wildlife Wonders animal show on stage and see many large and small animals.
- Vote on your favorite Back Yard Wildlife Photo submission for a chance to win Georgia Aquarium tickets.
- Enjoy the high-flying action of the Georgia State Frisbee Dog Show.
- Don't miss the pony rides, face painting, moonwalks, and other great children's activities (additional charges apply).
- Enjoy lots of great entertainment by local bands, cloggers and dance groups.
- Eat a snack at one of the tantalizing food booths.
- Children of all ages can ride on the miniature outdoor railroad provided by the North Georgia Live Steamers. (Additional charges apply, $1 per ride, funds raised help the North Georgia Live Steamers build a permanent track in Conyers).
- Be sure to purchase a festival T-shirt as a souvenir!
- Want to know what is included in your admission fee? Click here for details.
Meet the Feathery Star of the Show, Quasi!
Quasi is a sweet little vulture, affectionately named after Victor Hugo's Hunchback of Notre Dame. Quasi will be a part of the Winged Ambassadors' display and birds of prey show. He was rescued by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and was unable to be returned to the wild after being raised by humans. Now, Quasi is a great ambassador who shows why vultures are an important part of the environment.
Take A Ride on Rufus!
Rufus the Camel would love to give you a view of the festival plaza from his back. Rufus is a fun-loving camel who enjoys meeting new people and offering rides throughout the day. (additional charges apply)
Learn from Sawgrass in the Living History Section!
Meet Sawgrass as you stroll through the Living History Section. Sawgrass and his friends will demonstrate how Indians have been friends of the outdoors for many years. Discover how Indians lived off the land by utilizing many different tools and methods to survive, while also preserving the natural world around them for future generations.
How Horse Friendly Are You?
How well do you know the Georgia International Horse Park? You could win a festival Family 4-Pack. The Horse Park has lots to offer for great outdoor fun throughout the year. Visit the Big Haynes Creek Nature Center, walk through the Rockdale County Master Gardeners' Aboretum, see a horse show, or take a stroll through parts of the beautiful 1,400 acres of the park. Show how Horse Friendly You Are by playing the picture game. Click here to download your game form.
Submit Online: Email your completed entry form here for a chance to win a festival Family 4-Pack. One lucky person with the correct answers will be selected to win.
Entry Deadline: August 10, 2013
Feather Your Nest with Big Bucks!
"Like" the Georgia International Horse Park on Facebook and play Wildlife Trivia for a chance to win $20 in Big Bucks. Lucky participants with the correct answers to trivia questions will have a chance to win one of these gift certificates. The certificates can be used during the 2013 Big Haynes Creek Wildlife Festival to purchase items in the Artist Market or at one of the children's activities.
Give a Hand During the Feathered Friends Art Activity!
Use your hands to make a feathered friend to take home with you. This art and craft activity is fun for the entire family, and it is a great way to learn about all your feathered friends.
Play in the Zaxby's Beach Zone!
The Zaxby's Beach Zone is filled with lots of fun. Discover how much fun it is to play in the sand. Meet Little Zach during the festival and learn about all the fun Zaxby's can offer your family throughout the year.
Tailgatin' for Tix with 94.9FM The Bull!
Join WB from The Bull's Backyard Country and Southern Race Week on Saturday between the hours of 11:00am-1:00pm. It's tailgatin' for Tix and WB will have the hook up for Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley concert tickets.
The top three finalists for the Backyard Wildlife Photo Contest presented by BJ's Membership Club have been selected! The finalists will be on display during the Big Haynes Creek Wildlife Festival, where guests will vote on their favorite picture. The photo contestant with the most votes will receive two free tickets to the Georgia Aquarium. One lucky voter will also receive tickets to the Georgia Aquarium.
Congratulations to the 2013 Finalists:
Jennifer Rhoads of Conyers, Georgia who submitted a photo she took at the Monastery of the Holy Spirit of a heron enjoying a snack.
Jim McCallum of Ellenwood, Georgia who submitted a photo of a newborn deer hiding in tall grass at the CCWA Newman Wetlands Center.
Beverly Wasendorf of Conyers, Georgia who submitted a photo of a young fox in her backyard.
Be a part of the Summer Reading Program at the Nancy Guinn Library May 25-July 19 for your chance to win a Family 4-Pack to the Big Haynes Creek Wildlife Festival. Click on the links below to download information about the Summer Reading Program. The Nancy Guinn Library also offers lots of fun educational and entertaining programs throughout the summer. Summer is a great time to go WILD about reading!
Summer Reading Program for Children
Summer Reading Program for Young Adults
Big Haynes Creek Wildlife Festival is currently accepting applications. The application deadline is June 2, 2013. There is no deadline for sponsorship submissions, but some levels are on a first come, first serve basis. Simply click on the links below to download and print your application. If you have questions or concerns, contact the Georgia
International Horse Park at 770-860-4190 or email (click here).
Cowan Ace Hardware